The ICC Website is changing. As this transition is made, our new format
can be found at www.pesicc.org/ICCWP.
Please send any comments or questions to
PES-ICC Spring 1997 - Awards Luncheon
The Spring 1997 Awards Recognition Luncheon was held from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. April 22nd in the Doubletree Hotel. The formal program was opened by Dr. Mashikian, the ICC Chairman. Dr. Mashikian gave a special recognition to those visitors who had traveled from overseas to attend the meeting. He asked the overseas attendees in attendance to stand and be recognized. Next, he asked all the first time attendees to stand and be recognized.
Dr. Mashikian then turned the meeting over to Mr. Hartlein who introduced a special awards luncheon speaker, Mr. Tom Thompson of Arizona Public Service. Mr. Thompson has spent 20+ years with APS in Transmission, Distribution, Communications, Customer Service, Engineering, Construction, Maintenance, Operations and Power Marketing. He is currently the director of transmission and distribution construction for APS.
Mr. Thompson gave an excellent presentation on the changes taking place at APS and at electric utilities in general. He emphasized the need to be flexable in todays ever changing environment. This includes organizations like the ICC.
Mr. Hartlein then presented awards to the following individuals:
- Phillip C. Bolin: Award - Chairman, IEEE 1300-1996, IEEE Guide for Cable Connections for Gas Insulated Substations, ICC Project 10-52.
- John H. Cooper: Award - Vice Chair, IEEE 1300-1996, IEEE Guide for Cable Connections for Gas Insulated Substations, ICC Project 10-52.
- John M. Fee: Award - Chair 1210 - 1996, IEEE Standard Tests for Determining Compatability of Cable-Pulling Lubricants with Wire and Cable, ICC Project 12-46.
- Ajit K. Gwal: Award - Chair, IEEE 848-1996, IEEE Standard for the Determination of the Ampacity Derating of Fire Protected Cables, IEEE Project 12-45.
- John L. White: Award - Vice Chair, IEEE 848-1996, IEEE Standard for the Determination of the Ampacity Derating of Fire Protected Cables, IEEE Project 12-45.
- Ward C. Peterson: Award - Chair, ICC Project 10-50, Suggested Revisions to IEEE 386-1995, Standard for Separable Insulated Connectors for Power Distribution Sytems Above 600 V.
- Donald A. Voltz: Award - Vice Chair, Insulated Conductors Committee
- John Tanaka: Award - ICC Distinguished Service Award for Contributions in Dielectric Research and Applications .
- John Cooper: Award - IEEE Fellow. For contributions in the analysis and Development of Underground Cable Systems
Return to the ICC Awards and Recognition Page
IEEE prohibits discrimination, harassment and bullying. For more
Privacy & Opting Out of Cookies
Terms & Conditions
IEEE ICC PES & Design is a registered trademark of
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.