The ICC Website is changing. As this transition is made, our new format can be found at www.pesicc.org/ICCWP. Please send any comments or questions to email@example.com.
January 6, 1999
Dr. Stan Grzybowski
Mississippi State University
Electrical and Computer Engineering
P.O. Box 9571
Mississippi State, MS 39762
At last I have found the time to present Mississippi State with the enclosed check for $2,500. As you know, the first ICC Bahder award was presented to the sons of Dr. George Bahder in recognition of the contributions made by Dr. Bahder to the science and technology of insulated power cables.
The award consists of a plaque and a $2,500 stipend/scholarship that is made in the recipients name to an electric power engineering department at a university or college of the recipients choice. In this case, Dr. Bahders sons, who were awarded a plaque at a recent ICC meeting, requested the stipend go to support a student in the Electrical Engineering Department at Mississippi State.
Please note that the ICC has stipulated the following requirements regarding the use of Bahder Award funds:
- The funds must be presented in the form of a scholarship or similar award to a student whose studies are in the electric power engineering area.
- The student must be informed that the IEEE Insulated Conductors Committee provided the stipend/scholarship.
- The funds must be used to assist the student in the study of a topic related to the power engineering transmission or distribution field and should preferably deal with issues related to underground power cable systems.
- The ICC must be told the students name and the topic studied.
- The ICC must be provided with a report, thesis or paper that describes the work conducted with the Bahder award funds.
I believe that covers the primary issues related to the Bahder award. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please give me a call.
I look forward to hearing about the studies that the Bahder award will support.
Chairman, IEEE / PES Insulated Conductors Committee
Return to the Bahder Award page