The ICC Website is changing. As this transition is made, our new format
can be found at www.pesicc.org/ICCWP.
Please send any comments or questions to
The Insulated Conductors Committee's mission is to continuously improve the fundamental technological understanding, practical application, and safe use of conductors having applied insulation or coverings.
This mission is achieved by active participation in the following
- development, review, and publication of IEEE technical standards and guides;
- development and support of educational services;
- exchange of information with other members and guests at ICC functions.
The ICC Scope statement provides a more detailed explanation of
the technical topics addressed by these activities.
The Insulated Conductors Committee (ICC) is a professional organization
within the Power Engineering
Society (PES) of the Institute of
Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
The strength of ICC is the wide range of expertise and vast collective
technical knowledge available from the active participation of volunteer members and
guests that include end users, sellers, manufacturers, researchers, educators, and others.
The growth and continued usefulness of the ICC depends on the quality
and usefulness of ICC activities. In order that these activities provide high quality and
useful results, the following precepts have been established:
- ICC efforts shall be focused on activities which are carefully selected
for technical merit, practical use, and fit within the scope of the ICC.
- ICC technical standards and guides shall be
- performance based;
- continuously reviewed and updated;
- developed and disseminated with the purpose of benefiting industry and
society as a whole, not as a service to individual commercial interests.
- ICC serves as the source of insulated conductors technical expertise
within IEEE and shall coordinate development and publication of all IEEE technical
documents that include technical matter relating to insulated conductors.
- The educational services shall be up to date and have broad appeal.
- The technical meetings
and functions shall be well organized and conducted in an open manner conducive to free
flow of ideas and development of actions.
- ICC is committed to the globalization of the IEEE as a whole and shall
communicate and coordinate the efforts of ICC with other international organizations that
develop and publish technical documents regarding insulated conductors.
First Issued: May 1995
Prepared by: ICC AdComm
Return to the ICC Homepage
IEEE prohibits discrimination, harassment and bullying. For more
Privacy & Opting Out of Cookies
Terms & Conditions
IEEE ICC PES & Design is a registered trademark of
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.