The ICC Website is changing. As this transition is made, our new format can be found at www.pesicc.org/ICCWP. Please send any comments or questions to email@example.com.
Joe Zimnoch received the 2014 Technical Committee Distinguished Service Award with the following citation: “For leadership in developing, implementing, and providing guidance and education to the utility industry for high-voltage pipe-type cable systems, and for the widespread implementation of laminated paper polypropylene insulation”.
· Newark College of Engineering (New Jersey Institute of Technology)
· Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering (Class of 1954)
· Master of Science Electrical Engineering (1958)
· He was employed by The Okonite Company from 1954 to May 1995, where he was involved with all types of 5 kV to 500 kV impregnated paper and laminated paper polypropylene insulated cables such as high-pressure pipe-type, self-contained liquid-filled, low-pressure gas-filled, and solid-type PILC.
· His overall duties included project engineering and the direction of Okonite engineering staff handling high-voltage cable system projects. He had direct responsibilty for such projects not only in the United States but also overseas in countries such as Korea, Saudi Arabia, Chile and Yugoslavia.
· He retired from The Okonite Company on May 31, 1995 after 41 years of service.
· He is now an independent self-employed consultant specializing in high-voltage cables and accessories.
· Member of National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
· Life Member of IEEE
· Member of Power and Energy Society (PES)
· Senior (Voting) Member of Insulated Conductors Committee (ICC)
· Vice-Chair of Working Group C04 for IEEE 1425-2001 - Guide for the Evaluation of the Remaining Life of Impregnated Paper-Insulated Transmission Cable Systems
· Expert reviewer for the 1992 and 2001 editions of the Electric Power Research Insititue (EPRI) Underground Transmission Systems Reference Book
· Accelerated Cable Ageing Tests for Distribution and Transmission Cables Part 1 – High Voltage AC Paper Cables at the Fall 2011 Educational Program in Denver
· Extended Testing of a 345 kV LPP Pipe-Type Cable for Engineering Information at the Spring 1992 Subcommittee No. 7 Cable Systems meeting in Victoria
· Extended Testing of a 230 kV LPP Pipe-Type Cable for Engineering Information at the Fall 1992 Subcommittee No. 7 Cable Systems meeting at St. Pete Beach
Return to the ICC Homepage page